Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 3 - The Entropy of Procrastination


So my Lenten goal has been giving me some trouble.  Seeing as I missed 3 days straight I decided to write a poem about it.

It is a sonnet which I call "Entropy of Procrastination"

I have never written a Sonnet before so it's a bit rough, but it took way longer than 20 minutes.

Entropy of Procrastination
I’ll begin again, I swear, tomorrow night!
But fruition of that promise never comes.
The energy escapes and I must fight
For the vows I made from turning into crumbs,
Broken promises strewn at the Lord’s feet.
Putting off what I should do today
Chaos comes and hope starts to retreat,
How do I make my will my heart obey?
I would my promises forever keep -
All my desires were to make you proud,
But  I am weak and walk through life asleep
And break more than I keep what I have vowed.
This discipline I will again retrieve
To help my soul in all that I believe.




No comments:

Post a Comment